The Clinical Trials Program (CTP), under the direction of
Alan Go, MD, is a regional entity that provides consultation and comprehensive operational support for clinical trial and clinical research projects conducted by clinician investigators within Kaiser Permanente Northern California.
By creating a centralized operations infrastructure, the CTP has developed a platform to continue growing a quality focused clinical trial and clinical research program for Kaiser Permanente’s robust and growing research community.
The CTP is able to achieve this by:
- Recruiting and supporting dedicated research investigators and study staff
- Leveraging the research capacity of the organization
- Ensuring operational support, resources and tools are available
- Finding solutions to research operational issues
- Supporting study teams and staff in planning for and conducting research studies
- Collaborating with the Division of Research
Biostatistical Consulting Unit (BSCU) and other research support entities within Kaiser Permanente
- Increasing the information available to researchers and study staff on research methods
- Developing and implementing new technologies and applications to optimize study success
- Navigating and enhancing internal and external research collaborations
More specifically, the CTP provides guidance on the following:
- Optimizing study design
- Evaluating project feasibility
- Budget development and negotiation with sponsors
- Staff planning and resourcing
- Project implementation
- Quality monitoring and improvement
- Collaborative opportunities (both internal and external collaborations)
If you are a Kaiser Permanente clinician in Northern California and would like to initiate a research project or request research support or consultation from the CTP, please submit a request via the
Research Collaboration Portal (RCP).