Our research utilizes the power of Kaiser Permanente's integrated model of care; our large and diverse base of members; a vast array of comprehensive databases; and a state-of-the-art electronic records system, which serves approximately 4 million Kaiser Permanente members in Northern California.
We conduct the following types of research:
- clinical studies that test the safety and effectiveness of vaccines that the pharmaceutical industry is seeking to license;
- studies that use patient data to monitor the safety and effectiveness of vaccines after they have been licensed;
- studies that examine the epidemiological factors important to developing and distributing new vaccines;
- studies that monitor influenza and other respiratory viruses and flu vaccine effectiveness;
- and studies of vaccine safety in special populations.