The Kaiser Permanente Northern California Division of Research has a 60-year history of successful collaboration with other research organizations built on a foundation of rigorous epidemiologic investigation in a large, well-characterized population.
We provide support and direction to clinician researchers with all aspects of collaborating, planning, and conducting clinical research within Kaiser Permanente Northern California.
Request a consultation
- Biostatistical Consulting Unit support for GME-sponsored research projects and Community Health research proposals
- Clinical Trials Program consultation on a proposed trial or a Single Patient Use, Expanded Access, or Compassionate Use product
- Delivery Science and Applied Research program to support clinicians leading operationally important research
- Other support from the Division of Research, including grant and contract arrangements and data sharing agreements
Request a Research Determination Office consultation regarding whether a project meets the definition of research involving human subjects, needing IRB approval.
- Biostatistical Consulting Unit
- Clinical Trials Program
- Central Research Committee (KP network req.)
- Delivery Science and Applied Research
- Institutional Review Board (KP network req.)
- Find IRB forms (KP network req.)
- Virtual Research Office (KP network req.)
- Find research training courses (KP network req.)
For Kaiser Permanente Members
Help drive medical breakthroughs in 2 simple steps. Take part in a research study that will help us learn how people’s health is affected by genes, behaviors, and the environment.
Designed for patients and caregivers. Find information about ongoing clinical trials and research studies conducted in all Kaiser Permanente regions as well as answers to frequently asked questions about participating in a research study.