Tara Foti, PhD, MPH, is a Delivery Science Fellow at the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research. Her research is focused on identifying risk factors and interventions to improve maternal mental health and foster optimal socio-emotional infant and child development. She is particularly interested in assessing and improving health outcomes for families who are impacted by addiction, mental health conditions, and family violence. Her work thus far has largely focused on evaluating evidence-based interventions and programs within intersecting systems that serve mothers and young children.
Dr. Foti received a BS in Health Science from SUNY Brockport and her MPH from the University of Rochester. She completed her PhD in Public Health with a concentration in Community and Family Health at the University of South Florida, where she completed a maternal and child health leadership traineeship funded by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau.
- Delivery Science Fellow, Kaiser Permanente Division of Research
Primary Research Interests
- Maternal mental health, addiction, and family violence
- Early childhood socio-emotional development
- Implementation of evidence-based practices and programs
- Mixed quantitative and qualitative methods