Ben J. Marafino, PhD, is a Research Scientist at the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research. His current research interests include: 1) the implementation science of machine learning, predictive analytics, and related methods as applied to care delivery; 2) applied causal inference for program evaluation and other observational studies, particularly quasi-experimental methods; and 3) methods for heterogeneous treatment effects in general. In addition, Dr. Marafino also serves as a methodologist, lending his expertise in the areas of statistics, machine learning, and informatics to other investigators at DOR and The Permanente Medical Group. He received his PhD from Stanford University.
- Research Scientist, Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California
Primary Research Interests
- Design of observational studies
- Quasi-experimental methods
- Machine learning
- Delivery and implementation science
- Health care operations research