We conduct research on patient-provider communication; patient decision-making and preferences; care coordination; dissemination and implementation of evidence-based care; patient outcomes; and cancer-related quality of life.
Our work includes:
- Quality improvement projects to improve care coordination and reduce time to treatment.
- Developing new standardized reporting systems to establish rapid review and follow up for patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Studying associations between social support and cancer outcomes.
- Investigating the benefits of mindfulness and stress reduction for cancer survivors.
- Identifying specific issues impacting — and improving care for — older adults with cancer.